Are you choosing the right foods, juices, fruits and vegetables for summer?
Here are a few summer must haves:
1) Lauki or Bottle Gourd: This is extremely popular for weight loss. It's rich in calcium, magnesium, Vitamin A, C and folate. The superhero vegetable works well on high blood pressure, keeps the heart healthy and is considered an excellent blood purifier.
2) Salad Leaves: Amaranth leaves, rocket leaves, basil and other summer herbs should be tossed in a salad bowl and topped off with a yogurt dressing to make a great summer salad. They create a power house of nutrition and are light too.
3) Aam Panna: Two glasses of aam panna can help with digestion, constipation and chronic stomach problems like Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Make it at home to ensure the use of recommended quantities of sugar and salt.
4) Mint Water with Lemon: One glass of strained mint water with two drops of lemon works wonders. It acts as a liver cleanser, boosts your metabolism and helps those with a low appetite.
5) Barley Water: Have two glasses a day and in case you find it bland, add a drop of lemon or honey for taste. Since barley water is rich in fiber, it prevents constipation and also helps in controlling your appetite.
6) Watermelon: Watermelon is approximately 90 per cent water, so it's undoubtedly the best way to keep yourself hydrated. It helps with digestion and keeps the stomach cool.
7) Oranges: Oranges are considered beneficial in avoiding muscle cramps. Availability of Potassium in this citrus fruit helps in refilling the lost potassium through sweat.
8) Papaya: The sweet and fleshy Papaya, rich presence of enzymes like chymopapain and papain, is widely demanded in summers as it helps in the proper digestion of proteins.
9) Mango: The king of fruits, Mango, must be included in the diet during summers as it is rich in the content of selenium and iron.
10) Pineapple: Pineapples are good to be included in the summer diet as they contain Bromelian enzyme that helps in the digestion of fats and proteins.
Stay healthy and safe this summer by choosing the right diet plan.