Combining fruits and veggies might look tempting and have high nutritive value but they are bad for stomach health. Also, some fruit combinations are better avoided for your well-being. Before mixing and eating fruits, take a look at these risky fruit combos which are not meant to be eaten together.
1. Fruits with vegetables
Most of the salad bowls do have a lot of fruits and veggies in them. But this is not actually permissible by your digestive system. Fruits and vegetables are digested differently. As per nutritionists, they are partially digested until they reach the intestine. For example, eating carrots and oranges together is not advised as this combination might lead to excess bile reflux and may even cause heartburn.
2. Acidic fruits with sweet fruits
Mixing acidic fruits like strawberries and grapefruits or sub-acidic fruits like peaches, apples and pomegranates with sweet fruits like bananas can hamper your digestion. Eating them together is found to have caused headaches, nausea and acidosis.
3. Starchy fruits with high protein fruits
There are a few fruits like plantains and green bananas which are starchy in nature. But a lot of vegetables do have starch in them like potatoes, water chestnuts, corn, cowpeas, etc. These shouldn't be eaten with high-protein foods like spinach, guava and broccoli.
4. Melons with other fruits
Melons should be eaten only with melons. They are celibates and shouldn't be clubbed with any other fruit. They might not get digested properly in such a scenario because they have high water content and they tend to digest more rapid as compared to other fruits.
Some Fruitful Tips
1. Eat 4-5 different fruits every day.
2. If you have had a lot of protein last night, eat papaya to balance it out. It will help to break down the food.
3. After consuming a high amount of salty or salt-based foods, consume a watery fruit such as watermelon to detox the body.
4. If you had a lot of carbs a night before, eat an apple in the morning. It would prevent stomach bloating.